lunes, 22 de septiembre de 2008

World Leader Pretend (R.E.M., 1988)

Per a Jordi Gimeno (in memoriam)

I sit at my table and wage war on myself / It seems like it's all...it's all for nothing / I know the barricades, and / I know the mortar in the wall breaks / I recognize the weapons, I used them well / This is my mistake. Let me make it good / I raised the wall, and I will be the one to knock it down / I've a rich understanding of my finest defenses / I proclaim that claims are left unstated, / I demand a rematch / I decree a stalemate / I divine my deeper motives / I recognize the weapons / I've practiced them well. I fitted them myself / It's amazing what devices you can sympathize... empathize / This is my mistake. Let me make it good / I raised the walls, and I will be the one to knock it down / Reach out for me and hold me tight. Hold that memory / Let my machine talk to me. Let my machine talk to me / This is my world / And I am the world leader pretend / This is my life / And this is my time / I have been given the freedom / To do as I see fit / It's high time I've raised the walls / That I've constructed / It's amazing what devices you can sympathize... emapathize / This is my mistake. Let me make it good / I raised the walls, and I will be the one to knock it down / You fill in the mortar. You fill in the harmony / You fill in the mortar. I raised the walls / And I'm the only one / I will be the one to knock it down.

.

No hay comentarios: